Monday, September 29, 2008

Missing the Segue

We're getting over the jet-lag here and trying to get into the swing of things. Between the 4am wake ups and, ahem, readjusting to our local water supply the days have just been too short.

I have to say that I am feeling a bit awkward about getting back into blogging. After writing out my fertility story, I kind of don't know where to start back up again. It feels kind of weird to just jump back into bitchy observations about my MIL or complaining about the leak we've discovered in our roof here in Rental Hell.

I'm not regretting having told my story, but I'm missing the segue. Any ideas of hopping over this double bar?

8 comments:

RiverPoet said...

Ooh, that's a tough one. Maybe you could just be like the rest of us and get your political angst and spill it all over the page. It's too much lately. Too much.

Glad you're back, but I sure am sorry about the roof.

Peace - D

Anonymous said...

Get some sleep, get over the jet lag and just get back to it. And show lots of pictures from Sverige.

Anonymous said...

Yo, the installments rocked but your writing rocks anyways so dinny worry about it. You make me laugh whatever you write, you can always right serious emotional stuff once a month and the bitch about your MIL other times. I'm actually looking forward to your MIL stories from your trip... what did she do THIS time????

Irrational Dad said...

Here's a good segue... a bullet list. Real short, concise items that have pissed you off over the last week. No explanation or heavy thought needed.

1) Getting sick
2) Tyler getting me sick
3) Going back to work.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I'm with Free Man. Get some sleep and get your life back to some normalcy. If you feel you must post while that happens, just post one trip picture a day. Then? When you're ready to write? About your MIL or your trip? Let 'er rip! :)

Shelley Jaffe said...

Or what about a bullet list of random thoughts?

Let us know what's on your tired ol' mind.

We all heart you, regardless, and have the patience for your muse to visit you.

Mouthy Girl said...

What the hell did you do with two kids on a trans-Atlantic flight? That alone would be fodder for the blog-mill.

You've been missed!

KJ said...

Looks like you hopped it just fine.