Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ever Have A CSI Moment?

I cannot be the only paranoid chick in the universe. Have you ever been walking somewhere, and your internal monologue kicks in to VERY high gear and starts narrating some really scary shit?

On our trip last month, I had to get ice to keep the kids milk and smoothies cold. It was dark, cold, and the ice machine was outside. As I was walking down the stairs, all I could suddenly see was a flash of Grissom and hear a voice say, "Yeah, she went to get ice and never made it back."

Holy fuck.

I do not normally scare myself like that, but holy shit did that give me the chills. Needless to say, I probably looked like the chick from The Exorcist with my head spinning in every direction trying to make sure no one was going to jump out at me. And I got my ass back to the room immediately.

Maybe it was my intuition telling me to be careful. Maybe I am just a nutjob. Or just maybe there really was someone thinking bad thoughts as I walked by and someone else was looking out for me. I don't know, but the voice was loud. And I listened. And I will send my husband the next time. Anyone else have any creepy CSI moments?

3 comments:

Patois42 said...

I have had them. My latest one was just this morning. I turned to go a different way to a friend's house. I just turned. And as I was going down the new way, I thought to myself, "There's something bad happening the regular way." No reason to think that. None at all. But wasn't no way, no how I was going to go back to the regular way to see if I was right. I just trust those voices in my head which cause me goosebumps. And by "voices," I don't mean crazy voices. Although...

Hell, yeah, I can relate.

Anonymous said...

Do they not put those ice machines in the spookiest places or what?

And if they aren't in a spooky place they are right outside of my, uh, I mean your damn door!

If hearing those voices makes you crazy I think we're all a bit crazy. But I hear Nicks voice, not Grissom.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Oh I hear Nick's voice too. Just not for the scary stuff. ;)