Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And You Can Be My Cowgirl

Today, the bonds of friendship will be tightened like a steel trap or strained like the button on my waistband after a 3am visit to IHOP.

I have my yearly appointment with my surgeon.

Hubbie is in DC and cannot come for moral support.

CoalMiner Heather is going to be his proxy.

That's right. This afternoon it's stirrups and paper gowns with a side of vaginal ultrasound.

And CoalMiner Heather gets to be the lucky girl to help me through it.

We have the same surgeon, see. We refer to him as Dr. Miracle. He is one talented motherfucker but can be a bit overbearing at times. For all my bluster, I need a bit of moral support. Something about having a bare ass hanging off the end of a table seems to rob me of any verbal coherence.

Don't worry, though. I'll be updating with photographic evidence of the worst kind. Hell, two bloggers in a room with multi-million dollar ultrasound equipment, tongue depressors and swabs? Bitch, please.

5 comments:

RiverPoet said...

Bloggers gotta stick together, girl! I'm so glad Heather's going to be there for you. I wish you the best of luck and health!

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Heck, yeah I'm your cowgirl! And I'm your huckleberry. Watched Tombstone yesterday. Gotta love that Val Kilmer.

See ya at lunch! :-)

Mouthy Girl said...

Hell yeah! So very glad that your go-to chick is gonna be there to provide moral support and, hopefully, TONS of jokes told in poor taste!

Hooray for:
Good friends, cameras in the examining room, and EXCELLENT test results.

BOO for:
vaginal ultrasounds. I hate those damn things!

Tell Dr. Miracle to keep doing what he does but to lighten up a little...or else I'll park Nessie in his front yard!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

@Momma: Thanks man! It was a blast having Heather there!

@CMGD: THANKS man! I think that much fun MUST be illegal.

@Buddha_Girl: Yes, I think I will be bringing the camera in ALL the time from now on.

Gypsy said...

I am so jealous! Except for the surgeon part.