Thursday, June 5, 2008

Those Dirty Little Secrets

As honest, mature and responsible we would all like to believe ourselves to be as adults, it is all just a bunch of shit.

Since coming to my parents house this weekend, they will never find out:

  • That in the process of making the kids a smoothie I left one of my mom's brand new spoons in the blender when I turned it on. It is pretty chewed up, so I stuffed it under all the other spoons. Hopefully, she'll blame my dad or herself for accidentally putting it through the garbage disposal.

  • LittleMan slammed his sippy cup onto the table on the deck. In some mad property of physics, said smoothie rocketed out of the straw and all over my mom's laptop. Like, even into one of the drives on the side. I cleaned it up as best I could, but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
That was just the first few days. Sometimes open and honest just isn't worth the argument.

4 comments:

Gypsy said...

What they don't know won't... well, they won't know it anyway, which saves your ass. ;)

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Ha! Awesome! "Damn kid, think you get her out of the house and get your life back, then she comes to visit and trashes the joint!" :-)

Mouthy Girl said...

YES, YES, YES! Let's hear it for hiding shit in order to make your life easier!!!!

The vision of the smoothie shooting all over your mom's laptop made me scream out loud!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me smile and remember the time my toddler peed on a white couch in somebody's mom's basement. I thought I would die, but tried best as I could to clean it up without anyone knowing.

I'm sure they're still thinking, "What's that urine smell?" Yikes, I still feel badly about that. We've all been there. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.