Monday, March 17, 2008

They Fuck You At the Drive Thru

MediaUtility guy showed up this morning. All I have to say is that customer service in this country sucks big time.

Yes, I know I could move to another country, but why do we Americans allow ourselves to take it in the ass every time a company wants to cut corners?

It shocks me as to what is considered "installation" nowadays. We have wires hanging from every possible space. I do not consider draping cable across my dining room table to be an installation. They wanted to charge $50 per jack to put it in the wall. Something that used to be standard.

The next time my dad visits, he and Hubbie will be spending some quality time together in the attic.

In honor of my getting fucked this morning, I provide for your viewing pleasure the infamous Leo Getz monologue. The sound quality is crap, but it is the best I can find right now. So crank your speakers and enjoy getting fucked at the drive thru. Truer words have never been spoken.

4 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, God, I LOVE that monologue. Thanks for making me laugh, hon! Too funny.

Sorry about the stupid cable BS "installation." Customer service has gone to Hell in a handbasket.

Shelley Jaffe said...

It's not just Amurr-cka, darlin. It's here too. And we're cold, so we really don't give a sparrow's fart.

Our cable company came one day because I wanted the line moved. Dude went down into the crawl space, came back and said he couldn't do it, as he couldn't squeeze in to the corner. Early lunch for him. So he thought. I sent my then-8 year old down there with him, and together they got it done. No way I'm going to wait at home for 3 hours I won't get back only to be told "it can't be done".
Freakin' slacker. Canadian slacker. They're everywhere, babe.

A Free Man said...

Unless things have changed a lot in the last four years (possible in Bush's America) I can assure you that customer service in Britain is much worse than in the States. Acknowledging your existence on the planet is a lot to ask a customer service person in the UK.

Mrs. Booms said...

Ha ha... I say that all the time when going through a drive through.

And I'm with you on the service calls... I cringe at the level of customer service you get most places these days.

And this from a girl who was fired for rolling her eyes at a particularly bitchy, upper class customer at a salon I worked at.

And I tell you, I'd still roll my eyes at her today only I wouldn't apologize for it now. She sucked.