Thursday, January 3, 2008

Th13: Thirteen Good Things That Happened To Me Today

  1. LittleBird ate her entire lunch at school today!

  2. Both kids napped on our way to the store.

  3. My girlfriend came with me to the store.

  4. We got to hang out and enjoy our coffee in the car while the kiddos napped.

  5. We found foam tiaras in the craft section and all of us wore them around the store.

  6. People gave us strange looks, and I didn't care because my daughter was so happy.

  7. My daughter got to pick out the cake mix I am going to make for her birthday.

  8. She picked chocolate and is SO excited.

  9. My friend came home with us and stayed for dinner.

  10. She helped clean up all the toys in the living room. I didn't have to put ANYTHING away.

  11. LittleMan took a GIGANTIC crap in his diaper BEFORE bedtime.

  12. Hubbie came home from work earlier than expected.

  13. LittleBird went to bed without a fuss, but not before she told Hubbie that she got to pick out her birthday cake, and that she got to pick out BLUE candles!

How wonderful to have so many good things happen today! WooHoo!

For more Thursday 13, click here.

13 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like a great day. I love that you all wore the tiaras just to see your daughter smile.

Gattina said...

Indeed it was a nice day for you. I don't know yet because the day only started !

SandyCarlson said...

You had quite a day. That's great. I remember craft store outings when my daughter was little. We went with the girlfriend, too. Necessary in those stores! Hope you had a good night's rest since the biz got taken care of in advance!

Dreamer said...

:) Sounds like you had a great day! :) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great day! And there's nothing weird about wearing foam tiaras around anywhere. I do it on a regular basis.

RiverPoet said...

I was jonesin' for a tiara yesterday, too. They had them in the bridal items at my hair salon. I joked with my stylist that she should incorporate one into my 'do.

It's so cool to have little kids and be able to be a total goof in public just to make them happy. You will always remember it.

Peace - D

Anna said...

really, there's happiness in the littlest things. happy TT!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Chocolate cake with blue candles sounds AWESOME!

Glad you had fun!

Jan Parrish said...

Seize the moment. I love it. Great post.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Thursday!

What happened to us to make us happy that a stinky diaper BEFORE bed is exciting news? :) I wouldn't trade it for anything, though...

Melissa said...

Any day the kids pick up on their own is a good day in my book.

Happy TT

Anonymous said...

Definitely a good day!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect day!!

I want to see pics of that cake when you get it made.