Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Latest Project

I've been a bit inattentive to this blog the past few days. And for good reason. I have been busy building my new message board, Bilingual Bazaar.

I have been so sick and tired of not being able to find good language resources for my kids. Of having to beg my ILs to help us out. I have had this idea percolating around in my brain for quite some time. Now it is a concrete entity. I do not know if it will be successful, but at least it is out there.

The idea was to create a "classified ad" type of message board for bilingual families to trade resources. Whether it is swapping books or sending something to another family. There are a lot of good people out there, and I thought it was high time that there was a place online that allowed these families to barter/buy/sell their book, toys, dvds, or whatever language resources they have.

So check it out. And if you know of anyone who might find it useful, please pass it along!

5 comments:

Patois42 said...

What a grand idea!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

You go girl! I think this is awesome. Wish I was bilingual to take advantage of this. Hmmmm, does translating Bubba's gibberish count? :-)

Military Mom said...

I wish I had actually learned some thing when I took those 4 months of Spanish last year, then I might have been able to use this site! It looks neat though, have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I seem to have a problem even speaking English, though, so I wouldn't be able to use it much.

I do watch Dora and Diego. Does that count for anything?

Anonymous said...

You need to call me, we need to chat! I have MUCH to share & want to hear more about this project too!