Friday, December 7, 2007

Th13: The Thirteen Most Kickass Women On TV and Film

Miss Parker on Pretender, played by Andrea Parker
Talk about one badass bitch. I love love LOVED her character! Of course, the whole sexual tension between her and Jarod was awesome. I was sorry to see this show go off the air.





Seven of Nine on Voyager, played by Jeri Ryan
Like this one is a shock. Having a dry sense of humor gets me every time. Even Hubbie started to watch Voyager just because of Seven. And that was fine with me. If the boobs make him watch, I will not complain.


Captain Janeway on Voyager, played by Kate Mulgrew
Again, not like this should come as any shock to my regular readers. I hold Janeway up as an example to LittleBird. Any woman who can be locked up on a ship and deal with crabby men on a regular basis gets my vote for badass. That, and the fact that she drinks coffee and not any other ahem, leafy beverage, is another point in her favor.



Nikita on La Femme Nikita, played by Peta Wilson
If you haven't seen this show, I can't explain it to you. A totally convoluted story with lots of guns, mystery and sex appeal. The whole thing with Nikita and Michael was so sad. Why do we torture ourselves watching these shows with unrequited love? Sigh.


Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, played by Angelina Jolie
Yeah, yeah. I know this is a gimme. I know a lot of people do not like Ms. Jolie, but her character character Lady Croft was totally amazing. Angelina literally looked like she was born to play this role. I can't believe they found someone who looks so similar to the game. If nothing else, the scene with her in the white pyjamas on the bungee cords is un-freaking-believable.


Tank Girl in Tank Girl, played by Lori Petty
The gratuitous male striptease! Her awesome clothes! Her sense of humor in the face of danger! It took me a couple of times watching this film to appreciate it, but I am so glad I stuck with it! Plus, this movie has a kickass soundtrack.



Xena on Xena, played by Lucy Lawless
With a last name like Lawless, how can you NOT be a badass! That voice! That outfit! One of my gay friends used to make fun of me for watching Xena--until he watched an episode. He was hooked for years afterwards. LOL Even after I stopped watching it, he kept with it! Too funny!




Calleigh Duquesne on CSI: Miami, played by Emily Proctor
I do not know why, but I love this character. I cannot stand Horatio Caine, but Calleigh is the bomb. I normally cannot stand southern accents, either. Long story and I do not mean to offend my Southern readers. I guess I should say I cannot stand affected Southern accents. Somehow, she is the whole package. Sadly, I will put up with David Caruso just so I can get my Calleigh fix for the night.


Lt. Ripley in Aliens, played by Sigourney Weaver
Talk about the ultimate badass. Ripley just won't quit!!! I cannot imagine being in a more scary place than being in the middle of nowhere, no one can get to you, and some scary-ass thing is chasing you. The Alien movies are not just sci-fi, they are horror films, too. Don't believe me? Watch the first or second one in the dark in the middle of the night. I dare you.


Deborah on Raymond, played by Patricia Heaton
The fact that Deborah could stay married to Raymond without beating the ever-loving shit out of him makes me love her. Putting up with all that crap from the in-laws and a completely incompetent husband makes her deserve my sympathy and find her to be one tough cookie.








Jill on Home Improvement, played by Patricia Richardson
For all the reasons for the character Deborah above. It must be a Patricia thing. How her husband survived is beyond me.





The Charmed Ones on Charmed, played by You-Know-Who
Don't tell me there hasn't been a moment when you wished you could throw a fireball out of the palm of your hand. LOL I was a huge fan of this show for a while. Any hot looking chicks with superhero powers is too good to pass up.





Check out more Thursday 13.

11 comments:

Zenmomma said...

Great idea. Love your kickass women.

Di said...

At least Emily Procter is Southern...she graduated from high school here in Raleigh. So I believe her accent is the real thing. The one who bugs me is Kyra Sedgwick who has the WORST Southern accent on TV...she's from NYC..why did they have to make her Southern when she can't do the accent.

Best accent, British Hugh Laurie from House doing an American accent.

And as for kick-ass...I wouldn't want to cross Nancy in Weeds (my new obsession). During the first six episodes I watched on the DVD from season 1, she threw several people up against the wall or up against a car!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Yeah, Kyra's accent kills me. I lived in ATL for a long time and I NEVER heard ANYONE speak like she does. And she supposedly has a dialect coach. Huh.

I haven't seen Weeds, though I've heard good things. I only put women on the list of things I'd actually seen. I am sure Buffy and Jennifer Garner's character (was it Sydney?) from Alias would rank on this list, but I never watch the shows. LOL

Rian Fike said...

Since God is a woman, she approves of your list.

13 Love Scenes: http://fullbodytransplant.wordpress.com/2007/12/05/thursday-thirteen-the-love-scene/

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

My 15 year old daughter likes the girl who plays on the new TV show, "Chuck." I'd like to see a list like this for classic movie divas, like Bette Davis, Joan Crawford.

Nicholas said...

I was going down your list, afraid that I hadn't seen any of those shows, or characters, until i got to Sigourney Weaver. I've always fancied her. Yes, Alien was a horror flick. After seeing it, i worry every time I have a stomach ache!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Ooooo, excellent list!

May I add Sydney from Alias? Jennifer Garner kicked serious ass, plus I went to preschool with her. No kidding!

DrillerAA said...

I like the Emily Proctor character, but I can't watch CSI Miami. All Horatio can do is stand at an angle to the camera, remove or replace his sunglasses, and deliver one liners. It is just sad.
Ms. Weaver in the Alien series is probably my favorite here.

Great List...Happy TT

Holly said...

I LOVE that we are finally getting some strong women on TV. My favorite show Moonlight's main female character Beth is NO shrinking violet and I love that.

Great TT-13! By the way I really like Seven of Nine and Jeri Ryan. I actually served her lunch one day when I was a server.

Happy TT-13!

Smiles,

Holly
http://theabundanceplace.com

Tink said...

Yay, my favourite Star Trek women are in your list and the Charmed Ones! Great list.
Thanks for visiting my animated movies TT.

Military Mom said...

I haven't seen too many of these shows, but your list looks pretty badass to me. I also love the girl on Chuck, and the bionic woman (the origonal, Lindsey Wagner, not the new chick). I think I'd have to add Nellie Olson to that list! Man, she was a beeotch!