Monday, May 7, 2007

How Do Stupid People Function?

Unlike many of my blog posts, this is not a rhetorical question. I really do want to know. How is it that people with zero logical brain function can manage to get out of bed and navigate in this world?

We had friends of ours that were going to meet us a local store to go furniture shopping. We gave them explicit directions. Both my dh and I are very anal and explicit about these kinds of things, so I know we did a good job. The store is off the freeway, and you literally cannot miss it. We told these friends, take the freeway until you see the gigantic store with the gigantic sign, and exit. Do not under any circumstances go into the city, we said. Stay on I-XX, do no go into the city. I-XX goes around the city to the north, stay on it until you see the store. Could it be any more simple?

Apparently not. They call. We are lost, they say. Where are you? IN THE GODDAMNED CITY.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Even where they were located, it should have been at the longest, a 20 minute drive. TWO HOURS LATER they show up. My kids are tired and crabby, and our friends are pissed off because they got lost.

First of all, look up the directions yourself to double-check. Secondly, do not get pissed at us that you did exactly the opposite of what we told you to do. Thirdly, do not get pissed off that everyone else that you stopped and asked directions told you that you could not miss it.

We ended up having a nice time shopping together by completely ignoring the situation. It just boggles my mind that these people can be so oblivious. Never again.

0 comments: