Friday, May 4, 2007

Chronicles Of A Deadbeat Godfather: Part II

Brief update...I surprisingly DID hear back from DBG. It was a brief email, upbeat and chatty in nature. Not once did he mention my dd. He listed the health problems he had suffered the past eighteen months, and congratulated me on the birth of the Little Guy.

I know DBG's personality pretty well, and the "upbeat" tone of the email was deliberate. I guess I should be glad he even bothered to write back at all, but considering the lack of depth in the message--I don't even know why he bothered. My subsequent email inquiring to his current health, etc. has yet gone unanswered. I assume that as he touched base with the first email he feels he has done his job for the year. Blech. Will update with any new information. I am thinking it will be around Christmas or so.

2 comments:

IzzyMom said...

Not that you asked but he sounds like an ass. I'd tell him he's been officially relieved of his godfatherly duties and lose his number. Life is too short for that kind of nonsense...

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I guess I just do not want my daughter thinking that I am the one who dropped the ball, kwim?