Monday, September 20, 2010

Paint Your Wagon

The day has finally come. Hubbie has gotten transferred and has started a phenomenal new position in...Albuquerque. So it's back out West for us. High elevation, dry heat and the beautiful Sandias. Pretty exciting stuff!

I'm hanging on every day while Hubbie tries to find us a place to live. I'd actually prefer to stay here in DC as long as possible as the kids are incredibly happy with their school, and frankly so am I. There are a lot of things I am looking forward to the move, but I'm rather enjoying aspects of this limbo. Hubbie is getting settled into his new job, the kids and I are fine.

Of course, there is drama because nothing normal ever happens around here, but for now we're getting settled into our temporary autumn routine and saving our strength for the changes to come.

5 comments:

holly* said...

oh this is news! well, congrats to hubby! and i'll be glad you guys are a little closer to the right coast...

;)

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, YEAH! I've been so out of it lately, hon. I'm so happy for you guys! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Right on! This sounds like the very best sort of change. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that things go as smoothly as possible.

Patois42 said...

So lucky! I would adore living there. Hope the madness that is moving doesn't overtake you when the time comes.

Irrational Dad said...

How can you be so... so... okay right now? I have a similar opportunity cresting the horizon and I'm freaking the fuck out about EVERYTHING that needs to happen. I have to paint, pack, put the house on the market, etc... HOW DO YOU DO IT!!

So happy for you though, sis. Love.