Thursday, August 7, 2008

Not All Grammas Are Created Equally

My Gramma is and was a phenomenal gramma. She and I have spent a lot of time together as adults, and I cherish the memories we have created.

When I lived in ATL, I lived near Little Five Points. A very fun and funky part of town, it is home to the best and only piercing studio I would ever go to. Brian and his staff kick ass, and it is through a strange twist of fate that I ever ended up in his shop.

One of the weekends my gramma spent with me I took her to breakfast at a restaurant in Little Five. Afterwards, I took her to The Piercing Experience. The exact reason of why I took her there escapes me, but I think I wanted to look at earrings and because Brian is so nice I thought my gramma would enjoy it.

And she did. She loved looking at all the jewelry, but I didn't have the heart to answer her questions as to what particular items of jewelry were for. Eh-hem. Yeah. Baby steps, Gramma. Baby steps.

6 comments:

Jay said...

ROFL! Well, of course, me being as sweet and innocent as I am, I have no idea what you can possibly be talking about ...

Your Gramma sounds like a great lady!

RiverPoet said...

Wish I could say I didn't know what any of the piercing stuff was for. My daughter does piercing to help pay her way in life. She's pretty good at it, yet I won't let her re-pierce my ears. Go figure!

Your Gramma sounds like one of the best!

Peace - D

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

But don't you think you both would cherish the look on each of your faces if you DID tell her where those pieces of jewelery went? She's a big girl...

CPA Mom said...

I thought for SURE you were going to say your gramma got a piercing!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

That's awesome! Poor Gramma. :)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

@Jay: Sweet and innocent here too. Nothing pierced but my ears, but ah to live vicariously through my friends...

@RiverPoet: I would never go to anyone but Brian if got anything done. Now that he has talked to me about materials and sterilization and technique--no way Jose.

@BvB: I just couldn't do that to her. Some "history lessons" are best off the books. LOL

@CPA: Nope. She doesn't even have her ears pierced. Her father never let her. Neither would my Grampa.

@CMGD: Yeah, but she didn't know that she didn't know. Ya know?