Monday, April 28, 2008

Post-Coital Musings

So. I was just wondering. Bear with me.

There are many variations on the definition of Heaven, Hell, and how one travels to either location. Some view Hell as a very Dantesque physical location. Others say it is presence or absence of God. Still others say we are living in Hell and enlightenment will bring up to a higher consciousness.

I had sex tonight. It was fine. Not terrible, not earth-shattering. But good Sunday night sex.

And it got me to thinking.

I don't fuck like a rock star. Not all the time, anyway. I mean, damn, that just takes too much energy. To have sex like there's a one-way mirror with a Direct-To-DVD director behind the scenes making sure the best camera angle is used? Nah. Sometimes, ya just gotta git'er done.

Which got me to thinking.

There are lots of people out there who believe that at the end of your life, one gets the chance to review their time spent here on this brilliant globe. All your successes. All your fuck-ups.

I can't help but wonder, would it be heaven or hell to be forced to watch your own O face over, and over (and over) again? I mean, sure. We all have a few good moments. But for the most part? Damn. I don't think I would want to be subjected to that.

11 comments:

Gypsy said...

My own O-face? Oh, hell no. Someone else's? Maybe. Just maybe.

Candy said...

Yeah, just thinking about that face in the throes of it can make it impossible for me to have one.

highlander1463 said...

I am a rock star even on the worst of days... or nights... or afternoons... or...

Hell is in the eye of the beholder. And unless you put a mirror on your partners forehead (or back), you are not likely to see yourself in the throws of O. But you can get an excellent view of heaven in your lovers eyes.

-P

Shelley Jaffe said...

Dudette, I can barely look at a photo of myself. The Harlequin Romance "Throes of Passion Face"? A bridge waa-a-a-y too far.

Hell. Mos def.

RiverPoet said...

How in the world can I compete with Mr. PL's response? He really is a rock star every time. Me? Not so much. And my version of Hell would be to be without my loved ones in the afterlife. How awful would that be??

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, dang hon. You make me laugh! Um, yeah. Watching over my O face as part of my life flashing before my eyes? I think not. Tom Cruise's O face? Now that would be funny! Sean Connery's O face? That would be awesome! :-) But not mine. Nope.

Lori said...

That one was priceless.
Thank you for making me laugh out loud.
But oh my, I am not going to consider that particular hell.
Bleech !

Molly's Mom said...

Oh, the heebies! HELL no I wouldn't want to look at that!

But I am glad to know that I'm not the only one with a mind that works in weird ways :)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

@Gypsy: Yeah, watching the O face of others could be quite nice. :)

@Candy: LOL I hear ya, babe.

@Highlander: Dude. Don't ruin a perfectly nasty post with your beautifully poetic thoughts. :) Actually, your answer was amazingly thoughtful and I agree with you in every sense.

@BvB: Those book covers leave way too little to the imagination!

@Momma: Yeah, it is hard to compete with Mr. PL after that one! And you are one lucky lady!

@CMGD: I'll bet you HAVE seen Sean's O face! You naughty girl!

@Lori: Glad to give you the giggles, hon!

@Molly's Mom: Me too! I'd hate to think that no one else out there had those kinds of thoughts! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, OK, you win. I just found your blog and you made me laugh! ROFL!

To answer your question - hell. Most definitely.

Kelly said...

I think hell will be personal for every person...which gets me to thinking. My personal hell would be watching myself have sex while sitting in a room full of spiders with a TV permanently tuned to Bill O'Reilly.

{{{{SHUDDER}}}}} Shit. I better start being nicer to people.