Monday, March 10, 2008

Moron Monday: Some People Are Just Thick

I don't have a MIL story today, so I would do a Moron Monday story instead. Here is an email exchange from last spring I thought you would enjoy. Some people are just thick.

Here is my original email:

Subject: Baby Shower for J

Hi Ladies,

There will be a baby shower for J at L's house on Friday, May 4th at 6pm. This is a book shower, so we are asking that everyone bring their favorite children's book as a gift for her little guy. Mom's only, if possible. There will be food, wine and lots of laughs, so we hope to see you all there.

Please RSVP to L at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

I got this email the next morning:


Subject: RE: Baby Shower for J


Are children invited? My daughter, J, is 11.

I responded:

Subject: RE: Baby Shower for J

Hi Jxxx,

It is a moms only shower. This way we can give J our full attention and enjoy a little wine all at the same time. :) Thanks for checking to be sure.

Her reply:

So, when you say Mom's only you mean no kids?

Seriously? Was I not explaining myself well? WTF was I supposed to write back? Um, Moms only means MOMS ONLY. If kids were allowed we would say "Kids welcome". You dumbass moron!!!!!


My reply:

Hi Jxxx,

We have some moms in our mom's group with nursing infants that cannot be left at home because they do not take a bottle. Those infants are, of course, welcome so that the moms can also participate. Any children that are older we ask to stay at home because we really prefer that all attention is on J and that she get an adult night out. Thanks for double-checking! I hope we see you there!


Her response was:

Where is L's house??

My response:


Hi Jxxx,

Here is the RSVP information from the original invite:

Please RSVP to L at xxx-xxxx or lxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

She will be happy to provide you with directions. :)

6 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

I love people, seriously.

RiverPoet said...

Aye, aye, aye! I thought it was clear enough! Were you smacking yourself in the forehead with your shoe by the time you read that last response??

:0)

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Dude, seriously? I think I might have driven over to her house and given her the V8 slap to the head.

Ditz.

A Free Man said...

you got some smart friends!

Not Afraid To Use It said...

@CiO: Oooh. You make a good point. To clarify, this was someone the guest of honor had invited, not someone that I knew personally. I just could not be friends with someone that stupid. :)

VDog said...

How freaking dense is she?