Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Sure-Fire Way To Get a Little "Me" Time

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Need a little "me" time to pamper yourself? Get yourself a case of good old-fashioned food poisoning.

That has been my past twenty-four hours or so. I treated myself to a little fast food while running errands yesterday,and I have been paying the price ever since. Since this morning I have subsisted on crackers and watered-down apple juice. I will be back in full-form within the next day or so. I hope.

For now, I get to sleep in the guest room by myself, have my hubbie bring me whatever I can keep down, and hope that the silver lining in all of this is that I might take off those last few pounds of baby weight.

3 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, hon! I'm so sorry. Stomach bugs are the worst, but if you're getting some good me time, roll with it. Keep us posted, get better, and I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Punkin started throwing up yesterday evening and didn't quit until early this morning. Of course he progressed to throwing up from both ends. Such fun.

I think I know someone in every quadrant of the country with this mess. I'll sure be glad when it passes.

Hope you are feeling better by now!

Patois42 said...

Bummer. I will say, though, that I was my lightest in years after my bout with food poisoning. Not a recommended diet, though, as you well know.