Sunday, June 7, 2009

Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day

We had the opportunity to go to a Renaissance Festival this weekend. It has been five years since I've been. I know that because the last time I went, I was pregnant with LittleBird, and we still had not told anyone. We were in that fragile more likely to lose the baby than keep it stage, and this was one of the few moments we allowed ourselves to revel in our little secret by having a necklace made for Hubbie to wear.

Despite the constant threat of thunder, it was a sweet summer's day with the children. The prince/princess vibe has been on high frequency the past few months, and the abundance of pirates, swordfighting, ladies and fairies walking about had them wide-eyed in wonder.

I think the highlight of my afternoon was after LittleMan fell asleep on my shoulder. My mom took LittleBird off on princess adventures, and I sat under a tree with my sweet, sweet son. We garnered smiles from nearly every passerby. He was one tired little Pirate Prince:

8 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

And please, no lame references to The Puffy Shirt. This is too sweet of a moment to tarnish with a Seinfeld remark. :)

A Free Man said...

He is a cute little renaissance laddie.

Irrational Dad said...

Did you eat any dragon legs??? Those are my favorite. Some would try to convince me that they're grilled turkey legs, but I know better. I couldn't tell you the last time I've been to a Ren Fest.... 10 years?

Anonymous said...

There's a big festival here every May at a local "castle." Once was enough--probably because it was about 190 degrees that day. I felt sorry for those people wandering around in their heavy clothing.

Gypsy said...

Awww, precious.

Anonymous said...

We used to attend Renaissance festival every year on Minnesota. My favorite was always the giant pickle on a stick. Yummy!

Sounds like a great day . . .

Patois42 said...

At least you got that out of the way with your own comment.

He looks fabulous. A peaceful pirate.

Blues said...

very cute. You lucky thing.