Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm Your Man

We were watching the last crucial moments of the American Idol finale tonight, and LittleMan kept popping up out of bed. I picked him up to keep him quiet so we could hear the announcement. While I rocked him, I could hear him humming and singing. I had Hubbie mute the TV because I wanted to hear what he was singing to himself. Thank God we keep the camera in the bookshelf.

For your viewing pleasure, we had him repeat it.



Oh. My. Fucking. God. I love my son.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a precious moment. Way to go, mom and dad! You done good . . .

Mouthy Girl said...

He IS your man!

I just started crying at work! Well done, mommy!

A Free Man said...

He's awesome. Y'all are awesome. All the trouble, it's just totally worth it sometimes, isn't it?

Zach's in what I'm calling the messing stage - he's into everything ALL THE DAMN TIME. And sometimes he drives me insane. But then there are moments like this one.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

@tysdaddy: Thank you! I think so, too!

@BuddhaGirl: Awww! Wait til we get the three kids together. God only knows what they'll be singing after that weekend!

@AFreeMan: These are definitely the moments that carry you through that messing stage. Thank god for video so we can hit replay as often as necessary so that we don't think their moments of sweetness are figments of our imagination or hallucinations of sleep deprivation.

restaurant refugee said...

This made me think of the time (way too many years ago) when my then three year old nephew started tapping - on beat no less - to Coltrane's My Favorite Things. Not that there was ever any doubt about his DNA, but if ever there had been this would have erased it all.

That was such an adorable moment. Thanks for sharing it.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

O.M.F.G.

That brought tears to my eyes. So friggin' cute! What a sweetie!

Blues said...

sweetest thing ever.