Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Tax Dollars At Work

Our Jeep broke down, again. This time I was driving, and I had LittleMan in the backseat. THANK GOD I had just picked Hubbie up from work. I had had a very disappointing phone conversation with one of the preschools and was crying my eyes out and wanted to vent to him before we picked up LittleBird from school.

We pulled out of his jobsite, and our transmission went to shit. Like, I put my foot on the gas and it slipped from being in gear to absolutely nothing--just revving the engine.

So, of all people, the fire chief pulled in behind the Jeep to keep us from getting sideswiped. The sheriff stopped and was directing traffic. FireChief Mike ended up driving me and sleeping LittleMan home in his truck. Hubbie is still on the side of the road with Sheriff Leslie waiting for a tow truck.

I feel like in the past three days we have definitely gotten out tax dollars worth of service from our emergency services.

And a big FUCK YOU to the mechanic who told us there was nothing wrong with our car.

4 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I've only ever met ONE mechanic I could trust. A great guy here in GA. Sorry you've had a bad three days, hon. Kick the Jeep's tires AGAIN. Tell it I said to behave! Love you!

A Free Man said...

Mechanics suck - you'd think they would take peoples' word for things since the way they make their money is to FIX BROKEN CARS!

I like the Car Talk guys though...

Mouthy Girl said...

I like to call it Fuck You Very Much.

Go ahead and use that. Don't say thank you to people who don't help you or, even worse, thwart your efforts to make things right.

I don't think I trust any mechanic. I know a GREAT autobody guy, but that's not going to help you any time soon! Sheesh!

Unknown said...

Jeeps are notorious for having transmission problems. Sorry you were broken down, but at least people came to your rescue...