Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas! God Jul!

We wanted to wish everyone a happy holidays from us at NATUI!! My wish for you this Christmas:

May you all find a moments peace--even if that means hiding in the bathroom for two minutes before the children notice.

May you catch yourself humming a Christmas carol and it brings a smile to your face

May you find the strength to slough off the trendy Christmas Cynicism even if just for an hour or two. In doing so, may you recapture just a few moments of Christmas innocence through the eyes of your children.

I wish you all gratitude for what you have. The world is tough enough. We can all bitch and moan about how much stress we have put upon ourselves this holiday season. I wish for you the realization that as wretched, tired and crabby as our children and family members may be, you have that family and those children to piss and moan about.

I know that when I want to say fuck the whole thing and throw the presents in the trash, I hear the peals of laughter coming from the living room and know that it could be so much worse.

Find the good. Celebrate it. (i.e. Don't be a crabby bitch and ruin it for everyone else. )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, too. I'm up early waiting for Punkin to wake his sleepy head up and check out his loot! Damn, I would be up at 1am when I was a kid!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Watching Bubba and Miss-Miss playing in their new playhouse with their new kitchen, hearing the family coo and laugh with J-man, listing to Bing Crosby croon some tunes, it's all good. The only thing missing? NOTHING!

Love ya, hon!

Military Mom said...

You are so right, and I finally found my spirit this week! Thanks for reminding us what its all about. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

My spirit was sucked out by the amom-ster!

Check out my blog for what sort of antics she pulled yesterday!

Patois42 said...

Lovely thoughts, all of them. Yeah, especially hiding out in the bathroom. Hope your Christmas was joyous.