Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Getting Back To My Roots

So, there has been a lot going on lately. I have been needing to do something for me. It sounds so cliché, but I have been going stir crazy and need an outlet.

LittleBird started her ballet class today. She was adorable, and that is a story for a completely different post. I have been waiting for this day. I started dancing when I was three, and I have not done it in a very long time. I have missed it terribly, but I hadn't realized just how much.

Looking into the studio where LittleBird is taking her class, I saw they had an adult tap class on Monday nights. I made a spur of the moment decision this afternoon. I told Hubbie that I was going to that class tonight. I hadn't even talked to the teacher, but I thought I would go and watch the class and see if it was for me.

I went. I participated. I loved it.

It was amazing to get all sweaty and hop around with a bunch of other out of shape women. It was just challenging enough so I was not bored, but not so hard that I wanted to leave before class was out. This is probably not the best financial decision to make right now, but with all that I have been going through lately this would be cheaper than therapy. So, yay for me. I feel great tonight, and I can't wait for the next class.

1 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Awesome! I think that is just great. You go girl, and money be damned!